Wednesday, September 10, 2008

active reading questions

1. She explains her expeirience that she had was working at the horse stables. she describes this after telling how chores are seen. if this was put any where else with out the intial background information on chores now we would be lost as to why we were being told about her horse chores.
2. She explains that if you make a child do the "dirty" work then they are going to hate it and just want to get it done. she says how if you just let a teenager see how bad something is then they will most likely clean it or fix it. Her intended audience does not seem to be children but more likely parents.
3. Smiley uses rhetorical questions to relate to the reader. I completly agree with Smiley parents shouldn't make their children do "dirty" work.
I was never forced to do the dishes but when i would see my mom cook then my dad come home after a long day of work and have to do the dishes by himself i would feel bad. and i then wouldnt mind doing them and i would find myself saying no ill do them with out him even having to begin for me to realize how it would be better if i did them. because i was never forced to do them i dont mind. my cousins who do all the chores in their house hate doing them and when an adult asks them to do something even something as easy as to set the table or take out the trash the adult will have to ask numerous amounts of times just to get them to move. my mom is proud that i will get up and do what ever is asked the first time.

No comments: