Thursday, September 11, 2008

would you give the $400 million

The issue with building the fence is that how do we know that $400million is going to be enough to complete the fence. If it is not then we have used up the rest of the money given to the administration and the fence is not done. I dont really understand because why build a fence where no one can enter the U.S. anyways. when I think about the fence all I can see is a chain link fence going from the gulf to the pacific running along the border. so I do think that the fence is pointless in some places. To put it up and have people lose there homes for it seems a bit over done. If the fence keeps falling apart how much more will be asked for to fix it. Once Bush is gone then would another president really have the desire to continue on with the fence. To me it almost seems that Bush is trying for one last thing to do right and to be congragulated about. I dont think a fence is something that is going to get that done for him. The money could go many other places or even to just fix up the already standing fence and maybe get more border gaurds. I think it is great to stop illegal immigration but to stop terrorists I dont think they are just going to walk right on into america. this seems that it might also just be a way to say they are fighting terrorism but really trying to stop illegal immigration.

No comments: